Social Responsibility is one of the three focus areas of the Abilene Y. Generosity toward others is at the core of the Y’s existence. It is through the support of our volunteers, that the YMCA of Abilene is able to give back to the community. When you are involved with the Y, you have the opportunity to bring lasting personal and social change to others.
Together we make a difference. Together we build a brighter future, not only for our Y, but for all of the Big Country.
Volunteers of the Y:
- • Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- • Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- • Coach our sports teams and teach classes
- • Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors,
better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- • Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- • Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance
to the nation, and your community
- • Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community. Contact your local Abilene YMCA Family Center to learn more.
Click here for more information